Sunday, July 17, 2005

Des Miserable 24601



Les Miserables was awesome. We came a bit late but we managed to see the opening act. We had to wait for the first scene to be over before we could be seated to our designated seats. This is to avoid distracting other paying audiences who actually came on time.

The show was 3 hours long. There was a 15 minute intermission for a bathroom break or a booze break or whatever else you wish to do (a quickie maybe behind the curtains te hee). I used that 15 min to buy me some souvenirs. I bought a coffee mug and a souvenir program.

The song 'On My Own' sang by Eponine (who was pining for Marius) was one of my favorites. I saw Les Mis on PBS a few years ago with Lea Salonga playing Eponine. She did a fantastic job and got a standing ovation when she did the same song. The girl who played in SF had a great voice, but she couldn't quite hit the high note like Lea Salonga did in London.

Another one of my favorite songs is 'Castle On a Cloud' sang by little Cosette. It had simple lyrics and melody but a wonderful song nonetheless.

The play ended with the protagonist Jean Valjean dead. I cried when the ghostly image of Fantine came out. She had the most miserable life out of all the characters in the story. It makes me sad when I think about her.

All in all the show gets 2 loaves of bread from me 😄  I would definitely watch it again when it comes back to San Francisco.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home