Sunday, November 13, 2005

saturday's soiree


my first crack at hosting a dinner party


~the tablescape~

nothing too fancy



~dishes i served~

prosciutto and smoked salmon


shrimp cocktails


chicken sopas (i cheated and asked my mom to make it for me)


baby greens with goat cheese, mangoes, dried cranberries with raspberry & orange poppy seed dressings


chicken a la des (my own recipe) with parmesan stringbeans and sugared carrots over pilaf rice


flank steak with peppercorn sauce over garlic butter noodles ( i got this recipe off the foodnetwork.com)


and for dessert: strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries with hazel nut syrup and mascarpone cheese on top.

My guests ate every dish with great gusto, especially my mom's sopas. Fortunately none of them suffered from food poisoning after consuming the food i actually cooked (much to my relief haha) . Thank you guys for coming and double thanks for helping me clean up after the party.

As Martha Stewart would say "It's a good thing".

1 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, November 19, 2005, Blogger It's just me said...

wow, the salad and the chicken look mighty tasty. good job with the setting and the cooking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home